Want to Revolutionize Philanthropy?
Join Our Team
GuideStar is a nonprofit committed to advancing transparency across the nonprofit sector. Twenty years ago, GuideStar lead the first revolution of nonprofit transparency: we made nonprofit reporting forms available to the public. Now, we are working to complete the second revolution: nonprofit transparency that drives nonprofit effectiveness. Join our team, and join the revolution.
Top 10 Reasons to Join GuideStar
- Our Mission—Our mission is to revolutionize philanthropy and nonprofit practice by providing information that advances transparency, enables users to make better decisions, and encourages charitable giving.
- Our Plan—We are in the middle of executing our Strategic Plan, with a vision of a transformed GuideStar (and sector) by 2020.
- Our Values—We live and breathe our four values: Clarity, Compassion, Collaboration, and Courage.
- Our Culture—A fun, open, and autonomous culture working alongside many seasoned and bright colleagues with a huge amount of social sector experience who want to mentor.
- Our Brand—In 2014, we fielded more than 4,000 calls and e-mails from reporters, and earned nearly 7,000 media placements worth ~$4 million in publicity value. The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, MSNBC, and the Boston Globe are just a few of the media outlets that count on GuideStar to help shape sector.
- Our Benefits—We offer competitive benefits: health and dental coverage, retirement matching, ample leave, plus four hours/month to volunteer with your favorite cause.
- Our Volunteer Leave—Champion your favorite cause! We offer 4 hours of paid volunteer leave for every staff member.
- Our Work/Life Balance—GuideStar supports life away from work and encourages employees to decide how to be the most efficient and productive.
- Our Work—You’ll have an autonomous work environment with engaging assignments, clear expectations, and regular feedback about your performance.
- Our People—Most importantly, the heart of GuideStar is our people. You’ll have intelligent, cooperative coworkers and effective supervisors at GuideStar. We value our staff and understand that through their success we can create a nonprofit sector capable of tackling the great challenges of our time.
How to Apply
To apply for the Current Openings, unless noted otherwise, e-mail cover letter, résumé, and salary guidelines in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to email@example.com.
If you prefer to mail your materials, send them to:
4801 Courthouse Street, Suite 220
Williamsburg, VA 23188
GuideStar USA Inc. is EEO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer. Read our diversity and EEO statement