"These are difficult times for charities," stated Robert G. Ottenhoff, GuideStar's president and CEO. "Corporations are reducing their philanthropy, private foundations are awarding smaller grants, and individual donors are scaling back on their charitable giving. Grant Explorer gives charities a powerful, flexible, and affordable tool with which to research funding opportunities."
Based on private foundations' IRS filings (Forms 990-PF), Grant Explorer features:
- Information on more than 34,000 private foundations
- Information on more than 680,000 grants of $5,000 or more
- Daily updates, with data on more than 8,000 new grants added each week
- Grant guidelines for thousands of grantmakers
- Ability to search for private foundation leaders by name
- Intuitive navigation
- A versatile, powerful search engine
- Search by private foundation to see which nonprofits a particular grantmaker funds.
- Search by public charity to identify the private foundations that support it.
- Search by location to identify regional opportunities.
- Search by mission to match programs and grants.
- Search by individual names to identify the decision makers at thousands of private foundations.
About GuideStarGuideStar, www.guidestar.org, offers information about the programs and finances of 1.7 million IRS-recognized charitable organizations. GuideStar powers many on-line giving systems and distributes both free and subscription-based nonprofit data to grantmakers, nonprofits, donors, government charity regulators, and professionals serving the sector. To find out more about GuideStar services, go to www.guidestar.org.
News ContactSuzanne E. Coffman
Director of Communications
757-229-4631, ext. 27