IRS Publication 78, Cumulative List of Organizations, is the definitive source for verifying a nonprofit's charitable status. GuideStar Charity Check allows subscribers to view this information instantly from GuideStar search results and reports.
"Grantmakers, corporate giving officers, government contract managers, and others use GuideStar every day in their work with nonprofits," said Bob Ottenhoff, GuideStar's president and CEO. "We created Charity Check in response to their requests to access IRS Publication 78 data directly from GuideStar. Over the years, users have suggested improvements to help them work more efficiently and effectively. We are delighted to launch this new version of Charity Check to meet those needs."
Charity Check results now:
- Appear in both search results and GuideStar Reports for instant verification.
- Print easily and are savable to PDF.
- Show a date-time stamp to record when a user verified an organization's status.
- Include Section 509 information, providing the reason for non-private foundation status.
- Incorporate IRS Bulletin data into GuideStar Reports, reflecting the latest IRS actions.
About GuideStarGuideStar, www.guidestar.org, connects people and organizations with information on the programs and finances of more than 1.7 million IRS-recognized nonprofits.
News ContactSuzanne E. Coffman
Director of Communications
757-229-4631, ext. 27