"We are delighted to reach out to this new audience," said Bob Ottenhoff, GuideStar's president and CEO. "With the tools available through GuideStar for Libraries, academic and public libraries can help their patrons become power users of nonprofit information."
GuideStar for Libraries gives libraries access to GuideStar Premium, GuideStar's highest level of service. Access can be provided on site at a library or remotely.
Tools and features available through GuideStar for Libraries include:
- Ability to search more than 1.5 million nonprofit organizations using 12 search fields, including metropolitan statistical area
- Extensive at-a-glance information in search results, including income range
- Ability to sort search results according to 9 criteria, including zip code, whether Forms 990 or other documents are available, and IRS subsection
- Access to all Forms 990, 990-EZ, and 990-PF that GuideStar has received from the IRS (users at other levels of service are limited to the three most recent returns received from the IRS)
- Access to financial data for multiple years
About GuideStarGuideStar for Libraries is a service of GuideStar. GuideStar, www.guidestar.org, connects people and organizations with information on the programs and finances of more than 1.7 million IRS-recognized nonprofits.
News ContactSuzanne E. Coffman
Director of Communications
757-229-4631, ext. 27