Washington, D.C.—GuideStar, the leading source of nonprofit information, today announced new enhancements to GuideStar Premium, the tool that enables professionals and nonprofits to more efficiently analyze nonprofit information. In addition to the in-depth financial, compensation, and board information thatGuideStar Premium has always delivered, users can now download data on revenue and expenses; balance sheets; officers, directors, and key employees; and highest paid employees for up to the five most recent fiscal years, as well as board of directors data for the most recent year. Additionally, they can download this information to create custom reports, graphs, and presentations the way they wish, when they wish.
"These new features give professionals and nonprofits even more flexibility to analyze and customize the financial, people, compensation and benchmarking data that fuel GuideStar Premium reports," said Pamela Jowdy, senior product manager at GuideStar. "With Automatic Revocation of Exemption data and qualitative information provided by nonprofits themselves through our GuideStar Exchange program also included in the GuideStar Premium experience, our customers can tap into all of the qualitative and quantitative intelligence they need to fully understand a nonprofit’s fiscal and programmatic story. With just two clicks, professionals can download multiple years of revenue and expense data; balance sheet detail; information on officers, trustees, key employees; and highest paid employees for up to 5,000 nonprofits a month."
Other GuideStar Premium updates include:
- Search by total assets and total expenses, rather than just income;
- Define a customized range for income, total assets, and total expenses searches—no more predefined ranges;
- Use negative values to search for underperforming organizations;
- View new information when comparing organizations—board chair, fiscal year dates, number of employees, and links to affiliated organizations have all been added to the benchmarking tool; and
- Build benchmarking comparison grids and export them into Excel-compatible files.
"We know that professionals that work with nonprofits—financial advisors, consultants, accountants and funders—as well as nonprofits themselves are constantly striving to work smarter, not harder," added Jowdy. "These enhancements to GuideStar Premium were made based on feedback from customers who told us they wanted to be able to slice, dice, and refactor our high quality nonprofit data for presentations to clients, boards, executive committees, prospects and other key stakeholders. We are happy to deliver all of these options."
Interested parties can access GuideStar Premium through a variety of ways:
- GuideStar Premium Pay-As-You-Go: A one-time, in-depth report for a specific nonprofit, at $125 per report
- GuideStar Premium Subscriptions: Monthly or annual access to unlimited in-depth nonprofit reports, at $1,500 per subscriber for annual access and $250 per subscriber for monthly access
- GuideStar Premium Enterprise License: Access to GuideStar Premiums tools and information for 11 or more people; cost varies
To compare these options, please visit http://www.guidestar.org/rxg/products/nonprofit-data-solutions/product-information/guidestar-premium/guidestar-premium-comparison-chart.aspx. For more information about the GuideStar Premium upgrades, please visithttp://www.guidestar.org/rxg/products/nonprofit-data-solutions/product-information/guidestar-premium/guidestar-premium-enhancements.aspx.
GuideStar, www.guidestar.org, connects people and organizations with information on the programs and finances of more than 1.8 million IRS-recognized nonprofits. GuideStar serves a wide audience inside and outside the nonprofit sector, including individual donors, nonprofit leaders, grantmakers, government officials, academic researchers, and the media.
Lindsay J.K. Nichols