If you are interested in submitting an article to the GuideStar Newsletter, please be aware of the following guidelines:
- We request one-time nonexclusive reprint rights and nonexclusive archival rights for accepted articles.
- We cannot offer payment for accepted articles.
- Articles should be between 500 and 1,500 words.
- Articles must pertain to the nonprofit sector and be of interest to a broad readership.
- We do not accept self-promoting articles.
For examples of pieces written by individuals outside GuideStar and published in the Newsletter, see the following articles:
- Larry Checco, "It's Not About How Your Message Is Delivered," July 2010.
- Linda M. Lampkin, "Lessons for All Nonprofits from the IRS Interim Report on Colleges and Universities," June 2010.
- Tony Martignetti, "Make 2010 the Year YOU Start Planned Giving," February 2010.
- Gail Perry, "15 Tips to Help You Raise More Money by Mail," September 2010.
- Kevin Strickland, "Why Aren't Fundraisers Asking for Referrals? Coaching Tips for Not-for-Profit Managers," July 2010.
Send questions, submissions, and story ideas to the Newsletter editor, Suzanne Coffman.