Nonprofit Winter Games
“First Time Medalist” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: GuideStar USA, Inc., 4801 Courthouse Street, Suite 220, Williamsburg, VA 23188 (“GuideStar”).
1) Acceptance of Official Rules. By entering the “First Time Medalist” Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes"), you ("you" or the "Participant") hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") and the decisions of GuideStar in connection with this Sweepstakes.
2) Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is open to (a) any 501(c)(3) organization or any tax-exempt organization that has a charitable fund, contributions to which are deductible, and that (b) does not have a GuideStar Seal of Transparency as of the date of its registration for the Sweepstakes.
Not eligible to enter any of the Sweepstakes are employees or agents of GuideStar, GuideStar’s advertising and promotion agencies and members of the immediate families and households of such employees or agents. This Sweepstakes is void outside of the fifty U.S. states and the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3) How to Participate. The First Time Medalist Sweepstakes will be held between 12:01 a.m. Eastern time February 12, 2018, and 11:59 p.m. Eastern time February 16, 2018. During this period representatives of eligible nonprofits will update their GuideStar Nonprofit Profiles to earn at least the Bronze GuideStar Seal of Transparency.
4) Selection of Grand Prize Winner. The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about February 19, 2018, from among all eligible entries. After confirming that the potential Grand Prize winner meets all eligibility requirements, GuideStar will email the contact for that organization. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to respond to GuideStar’s email within five (5) working days of the date in which the email was sent, with the required information requested and an executed publicity release, or prize will be forfeited. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the promotion period. No transfer or assignment of the Grand Prize is permitted.
5) Grand Prize. GuideStar will donate $200 to the winning organization. Individuals are not eligible to receive the prize. GuideStar will mail the check to the Grand Prize winner within four weeks of receiving the information and release described in Section 4.
6) Internet. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of GuideStar, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, GuideStar reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. GuideStar is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network (wired or wireless) or telephone lines, wireless device, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computation of point totals, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by GuideStar on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer and/or wireless device relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes.
7) Improper Conduct. GuideStar, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any participant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award Grand Prize, if such participant engages in any conduct that GuideStar deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Grand Prize claim. Participant agrees that GuideStar may void any part of the Grand Prize that Participant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Grand Prize that Participant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Grand Prize and/or return of the Grand Prize shall in no way prevent GuideStar from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, GUIDESTAR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8) Sweepstakes Errors. GuideStar assumes no liability and is not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(ies) or error(s) in these Official Rules, GuideStar reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Decisions made by GuideStar are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
9) Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Grand Prize winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless GuideStar from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
10) Reporting. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for reporting its Grand Prize winnings, as may be required by applicable law.
11) Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL GUIDESTAR BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12) Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE GRAND PRIZE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
13) Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the Commonwealth of Virginia, in the city of Williamsburg, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
14) Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Arbitration section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the Commonwealth of Virginia, City of Williamsburg.
15) Winners List/Official Rules Requests. To obtain the name of the First Time Medalist Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner, available after February 19, 2018, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: GuideStar USA, Inc., 4801 Courthouse Street, Suite 220, Williamsburg, VA 23188, ATTN: Counsel. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: GuideStar USA, Inc., 4801 Courthouse Street, Suite 220, Williamsburg, VA 23188, ATTN: Counsel. Requests for Official Rules received after February 12, 2018, will not be honored. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage for Official Rules request. The name of the Grand Prize Winner may, and Official Rules will, be posted on www.guidestar.org.